• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). Johanna Speidel will screen her films in 2 different sessions and answer questions from the audience. More info
• The song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound which Tom Skipp has directed has been released online you can watch it here.
• Tom Skipp is finishing editing a new music video for Cristina Dominguez.
Autumn / Winter 2017
• On the 22nd of November at 20.00, 3 new videos by Tom Skipp will be shown in "Cecilia" at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). The soprano Laura Fernández Alcalde and Beatriz de la Banda will perfom "Tonos Humanos del XVII" live. Entrance fee 7 euros. More info
• Tom Skipp is filming a music video for the song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound. Editing will start very soon.
• Tom Skipp will read a paper and show extracts of his films in Santiago de Compostela on 28th of November. More info here
• Editing continues on "When a Lines goes for a Walk", a documentary about 6 Spanish illustrators.
Spring / Summer 2017
• Tom Skipp has filmed a series of promos for Karoo Teatro's new production "La Manada". The award-winning play set in contemporary South Africa play is written by Daniel Dimeco.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, devoted to Spanish film director Pablo Llorca at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ): the second session was devoted to Alfred Hitchcock as Llorca had curated the recent Hitchcock exhibition at the Telefónica Foundation space in Madrid.
• Two performances by the Spanish duo of singer Laura Fernández Alcalde and pianist Irene de Juan Bernabeu have been filmed. The first at the Ateneo de Madrid and the second at the Teatro Corrala in Alcalá de Henares. Laura is the soprano who sang in Tom Skipp's "Stormwater".
• The video "Stormwater" was screened at the Eugenio Trias library in the Retiro Park to celebrate International Water Day. An opportunity to meet up with old friends as artist Felix de la Concha attended the show.
• Tom Skipp has also filmed a promo of "Aderezo Musical" at the Conde Duque Arts Centre, Madrid.
• Pedro Crespo de Lara's speech on his appointment to the Academy of Jurisprudence in Madrid has been filmed by Tom Skipp as a documentary.
Autumn / Winter 2016
• Tom Skipp has filmed a new video for early music stars Ariel Abramovich, Jacob Heringman and María Cristina Kiehr. The video was filmed on a rooftop with views of Madrid's Gran Vía.
• "IMMACULATE" an event organized to coincide with the Spanish holiday La Inmaculada, on the 8th of December, launched Tom Skipp and Fernando Carbonell's new iniciative Voces en ON. For this first event live music performed by Julián Elvira and Julián Ávila alternated with video screenings of flute performances directed by Tom Skipp.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, devoted to video artist and performer Laura Celada / Ella at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ): the first session called "Narratives of the Intimate" was screened in November. Entrance free. Laura Celada attended and surprised the audience with a performance piece. The second session "Collective Memory" was held the following week.
• Editing and postproduction has finished on a new early music video "Escrito" by Tom Skipp featuring the Petrarca Ensemble with Laura Fernández Alcalde and Manuel Casas. Laura is the soprano who sang in Tom Skipp's "Stormwater".
• The video "Zóbel" featuring a flute solo by Tomás Marcos performed by Julián Elvira has been shown at the Museum of Spanish Abstract Art in Cuenca.
• Tom Skipp has directed and edited two new videos for the band Nurk, "You and your fabulous friends" and "Ukrainian Harlot Machine". To be screened soon.
Spring / Summer 2016
• Tom Skipp will create a new video for Rilke's "The Lay of Love and Death of Cornet Christoph Rilke" with music by Viktor Ullmann. The opera will premiere with Skipp's video designs at the Teatro Real in Madrid in June.
• "Stormwater" will be screened in Santander at the Cabo Mayor Art Centre from 22 March until 3 April. The event opens on Tuesday 22 of March at 19.00.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, called "Dilating the pupils" at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ). Two different nights of screenings: the session on Sunday 21 of February is presented and selected by Javier Codesal. Entrance free. Some of the directors of the shorts will attend a question and answer session after the screening.
• Julián Elvira and Tom Skipp have filmed a new music video inside the Museum of Spanish Abstract Art in Cuenca.
• Tom Skipp has filmed the concert "Tonadillas de Blas de Laserna" at the Centro Cultural Conde Duque.
• Shooting starts in February on a new documentary about Spanish artists living in Madrid and working in the genre of drawing "A line going for a walk". Tom Skipp will film the artists Eva Vázquez, Carmen La Griega, Javier Olivares, Javier Chavarría, Eloy Segura and Irlanda Tambascio at their workplaces: studios, workshops, homes.
Autumn / Winter 2015
• Tom Skipp has shown his film "Kantor in the Prado Museum" at Kantorbury, Kantorbury (18th and 19th of September) an international symposium about Tadeusz Kantor at the University of Kent.
• The Spanish premiere of "Kantor in the Prado Museum" will be shown at La Casa Encendida on tuesday 6th of October at 20.00. Tom Skipp will be joined by Fernando Castro and Roksana Niewadzisz afterwards in a question and answer session about the film.
• The new film about Tadeusz Kantor will also be the subject of a talk at the Complutense University of Madrid at the end of October. More information soon.
• In June Tom Skipp will travel to New York with flautist Julián Elvira to make a documentary about his Pronomos flute. Link to Julián's website.
• Tom Skipp continues to co-organize "Voices Off"with Fernando Carbonell at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). The next filmmaker to be focussed on is Simon Lund on 23rd and 30th of May at 21.00.
The "Year of Tadeusz Kantor" was officially launched in Krakow on 19th of April. Tom Skipp was invited by the Tadeusz Kantor Foundation and The Cricoteka to attend.
Tom Skipp is co-organizing an international symposium about Kantor at Kent University in September 2015. More information coming soon.
Autumn / Winter 2014
• Tom Skipp has made a video with flautist Julián Elvira. Link to Julián's website.
• A selection of short films by Tom Skipp will be shown at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). Screenings are on Friday 26 September and 4 October at 21.00. Admission is free. Tom Skipp will attend the screenings.
You can support Tom Skipp's film work by making a donation