Spring / Summer 2020 (Year of the Plague)
"Tadeusz Kantor in the Prado Museum" will be screened at El Palacete del Embarcadero in Santander in November.
Tom Skipp is making an hour long videoart piece for PluralEnsemble, one of Spain's premier music ensembles. The piece is made to accompany Fabián Panisello's chamber opera "Les Rois Mages".
FIlming continues on Tom Skipp's project at Madrid's Plaza de España. At the end of July he will film singers Rodrigo Guerrero, Laura Fernández Alcalde, Juana Molinero and Emidio Cano Díaz performing early music in various spaces in the square.
PluralEnsemble have posted some videos made by Tom Skipp on their website.
Tom Skipp has filmed some short videos for soprano Susanna Wolff at the ORCAM reheasal space in Madrid. Links coming soon.
A selection of Tom Skipp's films will be available on the online video archive PLAT. More news soon.
Autumn / Winter 2019
"Kantor in the Prado Museum" was screened at Cruce, Dr. Fourquet, 5. The screening was organized as part of Cruce's 25 anniversary celebrations. Rehearsals for the film were originally took place at Cruce's venue in 2015. The video was subsequently filmed entirely inside the Prado Museum.
Tom Skipp has filmed PluralEnsemble, one of Spain's premier music ensemble, performing "Les Rois Mages" in Nice at the Théâtre National.
Tom Skipp is collaborating with the Spanish NGO Solidarios on his videoart project "Architecture of the Homeless". FIlming is planned to begin this winter.
In 2020, Tom Skipp will screen his film "Tadeusz Kantor in the Prado Museum" for the first time in Santander. More information to follow soon.
In October a new programme of screenings of Voces en Off was shown at Cruce, Madrid's most veteran alternative venue. The event, organized by Fernando Carbonell and Tom Skipp, comprised 2 sessions devoted to filmmakers Roxana Popelka and Celia Dosal.
Spring / Summer 2019
Tom Skipp has filmed a documentary about artist Rakel Ubago in her studio in the Basque Country. The video features txalaparta music.
A new programme of screenings of Voces en Off begins on Sept 28 with 2 sessions devoted to video artist Lisi Prada. The screenings will be held at Cruce, Dr.Fourquet, 5.
• Editing has just finished of Ruben Reina's concert earlier this year at the Monumental Theatre Madrid. The pieces performed include compositions by Brahms, Khachaturian and Reinecke.
• Tom Skipp has filmed an emotional homage to theatre director Gustavo Tambascio who passed away recently. The show was organized by Bruno and Irlanda Tambascio at the Teatro Gran Vía in Madrid.
• Tom Skipp has met and interviewed Antonio Amengual director of zarzuelas, now retired, as part of research for a zarzuela-based musical film set in Madrid.contemporary
• Tom Skipp has given workshops at the Estrella Toledano School in the Moraleja Madrid.
Spring - Winter 2018
• Tom Skipp has made a promo video for singer Alain Damas (famous for his role in "El Médico").
Spanish pop group La Bien Querida performed a concert in IKEA in San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid. Irlanda Tambascio and Tom Skipp made the video of the event.
Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). Johanna Speidel will screen her films in 2 different sessions and answer questions from the audience. More info
• The song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound which Tom Skipp has directed has been released online you can watch it here.
• Tom Skipp is finishing editing a new music video for Cristina Dominguez.
Autumn / Winter 2017
• On the 22nd of November at 20.00, 3 new videos by Tom Skipp will be shown in "Cecilia" at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). The soprano Laura Fernández Alcalde and Beatriz de la Banda will perfom "Tonos Humanos del XVII" live. Entrance fee 7 euros. More info
• Tom Skipp is filming a music video for the song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound. Editing will start very soon.
• Tom Skipp will read a paper and show extracts of his films in Santiago de Compostela on 28th of November. More info here
• Editing continues on "When a Lines goes for a Walk", a documentary about 6 Spanish illustrators.
Spring / Summer 2017
• Tom Skipp has filmed a series of promos for Karoo Teatro's new production "La Manada". The award-winning play set in contemporary South Africa play is written by Daniel Dimeco.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, devoted to Spanish film director Pablo Llorca at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ): the second session was devoted to Alfred Hitchcock as Llorca had curated the recent Hitchcock exhibition at the Telefónica Foundation space in Madrid.
• Two performances by the Spanish duo of singer Laura Fernández Alcalde and pianist Irene de Juan Bernabeu have been filmed. The first at the Ateneo de Madrid and the second at the Teatro Corrala in Alcalá de Henares. Laura is the soprano who sang in Tom Skipp's "Stormwater".
• The video "Stormwater" was screened at the Eugenio Trias library in the Retiro Park to celebrate International Water Day. An opportunity to meet up with old friends as artist Felix de la Concha attended the show.
• Tom Skipp has also filmed a promo of "Aderezo Musical" at the Conde Duque Arts Centre, Madrid.
• Pedro Crespo de Lara's speech on his appointment to the Academy of Jurisprudence in Madrid has been filmed by Tom Skipp as a documentary.
Autumn / Winter 2016
• Tom Skipp has filmed a new video for early music stars Ariel Abramovich, Jacob Heringman and María Cristina Kiehr. The video was filmed on a rooftop with views of Madrid's Gran Vía.
• "IMMACULATE" an event organized to coincide with the Spanish holiday La Inmaculada, on the 8th of December, launched Tom Skipp and Fernando Carbonell's new iniciative Voces en ON. For this first event live music performed by Julián Elvira and Julián Ávila alternated with video screenings of flute performances directed by Tom Skipp.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, devoted to video artist and performer Laura Celada / Ella at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ): the first session called "Narratives of the Intimate" was screened in November. Entrance free. Laura Celada attended and surprised the audience with a performance piece. The second session "Collective Memory" was held the following week.
• Editing and postproduction has finished on a new early music video "Escrito" by Tom Skipp featuring the Petrarca Ensemble with Laura Fernández Alcalde and Manuel Casas. Laura is the soprano who sang in Tom Skipp's "Stormwater".
• The video "Zóbel" featuring a flute solo by Tomás Marcos performed by Julián Elvira has been shown at the Museum of Spanish Abstract Art in Cuenca.
• Tom Skipp has directed and edited two new videos for the band Nurk, "You and your fabulous friends" and "Ukrainian Harlot Machine". To be screened soon.
Spring / Summer 2016
• Tom Skipp will create a new video for Rilke's "The Lay of Love and Death of Cornet Christoph Rilke" with music by Viktor Ullmann. The opera will premiere with Skipp's video designs at the Teatro Real in Madrid in June.
• "Stormwater" will be screened in Santander at the Cabo Mayor Art Centre from 22 March until 3 April. The event opens on Tuesday 22 of March at 19.00.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, called "Dilating the pupils" at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ). Two different nights of screenings: the session on Sunday 21 of February is presented and selected by Javier Codesal. Entrance free. Some of the directors of the shorts will attend a question and answer session after the screening.
• Julián Elvira and Tom Skipp have filmed a new music video inside the Museum of Spanish Abstract Art in Cuenca.
• Tom Skipp has filmed the concert "Tonadillas de Blas de Laserna" at the Centro Cultural Conde Duque.
• Shooting starts in February on a new documentary about Spanish artists living in Madrid and working in the genre of drawing "A line going for a walk". Tom Skipp will film the artists Eva Vázquez, Carmen La Griega, Javier Olivares, Javier Chavarría, Eloy Segura and Irlanda Tambascio at their workplaces: studios, workshops, homes.
You can support Tom Skipp's film work by making a donation