Spring 2021 (Year of the Plague)
• "Tadeusz Kantor in the Prado Museum" will be screened (4 sessions) at the Palacete del Embarcadero in Santander. It's the first time the film has been shown in Santander and the director will attend the screenings (17th and 18th of June). More info available here in an article published in the newspaper El Díario Montañés
• A promo video of a new musical production directed by singer Alain Damas (famous for his role in "El Médico") and produced by Siete Estrellas has been created by Tom Skipp.
The videoartist's long-term project at Madrid's Plaza de España will be completed at the end of 2021. Skipp has been filming in the temporary spaces created on the massive building site in the heart of the city of Madrid since 2019. He even filmed some scenes as storm Philomena passed through Madrid.
Some short videos of soprano Susanna Wolff filmed by Tom Skipp and recorded at the ORCAM reheasal space in Madrid have been made available.
Voces en Off sessions at Cruce have been postponed due to Covid19.
• Tom Skipp is going to direct the stage musical "The Three Sopranos".
Work has finished on creating an hour-long videoart piece for PluralEnsemble, one of Spain's premier music ensembles. The piece is made to accompany Fabián Panisello's chamber opera "Les Rois Mages".
Spring / Summer / Autumn / Winter 2020 (Year of the Plague)
FIlming continues on Tom Skipp's project at Madrid's Plaza de España. At the end of July he will film singers Rodrigo Guerrero, Laura Fernández Alcalde, Juana Molinero and Emidio Cano Díaz performing early music in various spaces in the square.
PluralEnsemble have posted some videos made by Tom Skipp on their website.
Tom Skipp has filmed some short videos for soprano Susanna Wolff at the ORCAM reheasal space in Madrid. Links coming soon.
A selection of Tom Skipp's films will be available on the online video archive PLAT. More news soon.
Autumn / Winter 2019
"Kantor in the Prado Museum" was screened at Cruce, Dr. Fourquet, 5. The screening was organized as part of Cruce's 25 anniversary celebrations. Rehearsals for the film were originally took place at Cruce's venue in 2015. The video was subsequently filmed entirely inside the Prado Museum.
Tom Skipp has filmed PluralEnsemble, one of Spain's premier music ensemble, performing "Les Rois Mages" in Nice at the Théâtre National.
Tom Skipp is collaborating with the Spanish NGO Solidarios on his videoart project "Architecture of the Homeless". FIlming is planned to begin this winter.
In 2020, Tom Skipp will screen his film "Tadeusz Kantor in the Prado Museum" for the first time in Santander. More information to follow soon.
In October a new programme of screenings of Voces en Off was shown at Cruce, Madrid's most veteran alternative venue. The event, organized by Fernando Carbonell and Tom Skipp, comprised 2 sessions devoted to filmmakers Roxana Popelka and Celia Dosal.
Spring / Summer 2019
Tom Skipp has filmed a documentary about artist Rakel Ubago in her studio in the Basque Country. The video features txalaparta music.
A new programme of screenings of Voces en Off begins on Sept 28 with 2 sessions devoted to video artist Lisi Prada. The screenings will be held at Cruce, Dr.Fourquet, 5.
• Editing has just finished of Ruben Reina's concert earlier this year at the Monumental Theatre Madrid. The pieces performed include compositions by Brahms, Khachaturian and Reinecke.
• Tom Skipp has filmed an emotional homage to theatre director Gustavo Tambascio who passed away recently. The show was organized by Bruno and Irlanda Tambascio at the Teatro Gran Vía in Madrid.
• Tom Skipp has met and interviewed Antonio Amengual director of zarzuelas, now retired, as part of research for a zarzuela-based musical film set in Madrid.contemporary
• Tom Skipp has given workshops at the Estrella Toledano School in the Moraleja Madrid.
Spring - Winter 2018
• Tom Skipp has made a promo video for singer Alain Damas (famous for his role in "El Médico").
Spanish pop group La Bien Querida performed a concert in IKEA in San Sebastián de los Reyes, Madrid. Irlanda Tambascio and Tom Skipp made the video of the event.
Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). Johanna Speidel will screen her films in 2 different sessions and answer questions from the audience. More info
• The song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound which Tom Skipp has directed has been released online you can watch it here.
• Tom Skipp is finishing editing a new music video for Cristina Dominguez.
Autumn / Winter 2017
• On the 22nd of November at 20.00, 3 new videos by Tom Skipp will be shown in "Cecilia" at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum). The soprano Laura Fernández Alcalde and Beatriz de la Banda will perfom "Tonos Humanos del XVII" live. Entrance fee 7 euros. More info
• Tom Skipp is filming a music video for the song "Your World Collapse" by the French electro-pop duo Safe & Sound. Editing will start very soon.
• Tom Skipp will read a paper and show extracts of his films in Santiago de Compostela on 28th of November. More info here
• Editing continues on "When a Lines goes for a Walk", a documentary about 6 Spanish illustrators.
Spring / Summer 2017
• Tom Skipp has filmed a series of promos for Karoo Teatro's new production "La Manada". The award-winning play set in contemporary South Africa play is written by Daniel Dimeco.
• Tom Skipp has organized a new season of screenings of Voces en Off with Fernando Carbonell, devoted to Spanish film director Pablo Llorca at Cruce Arte y Pensamiento (C/ Dr. Fourquet, 5, near the Reina Sofía Museum ): the second session was devoted to Alfred Hitchcock as Llorca had curated the recent Hitchcock exhibition at the Telefónica Foundation space in Madrid.
• Two performances by the Spanish duo of singer Laura Fernández Alcalde and pianist Irene de Juan Bernabeu have been filmed. The first at the Ateneo de Madrid and the second at the Teatro Corrala in Alcalá de Henares. Laura is the soprano who sang in Tom Skipp's "Stormwater".
• The video "Stormwater" was screened at the Eugenio Trias library in the Retiro Park to celebrate International Water Day. An opportunity to meet up with old friends as artist Felix de la Concha attended the show.
• Tom Skipp has also filmed a promo of "Aderezo Musical" at the Conde Duque Arts Centre, Madrid.
• Pedro Crespo de Lara's speech on his appointment to the Academy of Jurisprudence in Madrid has been filmed by Tom Skipp as a documentary.